Reaction to "Critical Thinking: The Soul of Communication"

 I believe that effective communication is a key factor of success in a workplace, especially in a leadership role. In a leadership role in all sectors of a working environment, some common tasks such as delegation of workload, navigating and motivating requires communication. I believe to achieve the best result of these tasks requires effective communication.

Firstly, to further understand and achieve effective communication, it is important that I understand the fundamentals of communication. Communication is defined as the "exchange of information, thoughts and feelings between two living creatures" as stated in the excerpt of "Critical Thinking: The Soul of communication".

Achieving effective communication is to be able to exchange information, thoughts and feelings in a clear, concise and objective way. To achieve as such requires critical thinking. Critical thinking is the main driving factor to attaining these elements in communication. It provides clarity, rationality and eliminates equivocality. These are key elements that help to develop coherent communication between people.

I hope to be able to develop my critical thinking skills to directly acquire effective communication when I hold a leadership role in the future. Based on my own experience, it was a key attribute to the conducive working environment when I was serving my National Service.

Comments

Popular Posts